Latest Google Algorithm Update Introduces Page ExperienceSet to Launch May 2021
Google has done it again with their latest algorithm update announcement that introduces a new ranking factor – Page Experience. As a digital marketing agency in Fort Lauderdale, we are preparing our team for the rollout of the latest Google algorithm update and are sharing our insights on what you can do to stay ahead of the game.
Tandem.Buzz found that the Google algorithm changes are honing in on existing Google Search signals such as mobile-friendliness, safe-browsing, and intrusive interstitial guidelines. This includes benchmarking metrics that can be found in Google’s Core Web Vitals focusing on a website’s loading speeds, interactivity, and visual stability. While it may seem overwhelming, we have 6 months before the Google SEO updates arrive and there are steps that need to be taken to ensure you are prepared and ahead of the competition.
Google Page Experience Update 2021
In the latest Google algorithm update, they have announced a new element that is going to have a large impact on rankings. Google has made it clear that the increased weight they’re giving to Page Experience can directly affect a lot of websites that are unprepared for the May 2021 rollout. The Page Experience update takes a look into all aspects of how users interact with web pages. Focusing on three very important facets in user experience:
- Loading – the perceived load speed of a page
- Interactivity – the time frame from when the user first began interacting with a web page to the time when the browser starts processing that interaction.
- Visual Stability – preventing annoying and unexpected movement of page content on the website
Google has announced that by the following year, there will be visual indicators of Page Experience in the latest Google algorithm update. These visual indicators of a website meeting all page expectations and specifications for Page Experience are expected to be similar to AMP icons and slow/mobile-friendly labels.
At Tandem.Buzz, we believe that if the visual indicator is displayed on SERPs, users will prefer these sites over others. To not fall victim to the latest Google algorithm update, ensure that both SEO specialists and developers are in line with improving page rankings and benchmarking Core Web Vital metrics.
What Is a Bad Page Experience?
The Google Page Experience update is going to better help guide users to access the information they are searching for.
“We believe that providing information about the quality of a web page’s experience can be helpful to users in choosing the search result that they want to visit. On results, the snippet or image preview helps provide topical context for users to know what information a page can provide. Visual indicators on the results are another way to do the same, and we are working on one that identifies pages that have met all of the page experience criteria.” – Google
But in order to rank for the latest Google algorithm update, you’ll need an understanding of Bad Page Experience.
- Low page-speeds – Users get frustrated when page load speeds are down. A second can often feel like hours on end waiting for a page to load. Consumers don’t want to have to wait, even a second longer and there are high chances your user was put off by your site and has already left.
- Bad website structure and design – If your site isn’t the easiest to navigate, consumers will get frustrated with confusion trying to find what they are searching for. This can be due to a cliched or complex website design. To rank for Page Experience, ensure sites are easy to navigate, not too many pop-ups, and ensure that all your content has a good structure.
- Lack of engagement – Focus on empathy and likability when engaging with consumers. Users want to be engaged with, want to be entertained, and want to be understood. Focus on understanding your users’ wants, desires, pains, and queries.
- Optimize for mobile search – More and more users are primarily using mobile devices to complete searches. Google’s algorithms put a big weight on primarily using the mobile version of a site’s content to rank pages. To prepare for the latest Google algorithm update, check sites page mobile speeds and see what can be done to improve. Our SEO specialist’s advice is to reduce loading speed, leveraging browser cache, and reducing the number of redirects performed.
When Is the Next Google Update Rolling Out
We can begin seeing the effects of the latest Google algorithm update, Page Experience, in May 2021. With only a couple of months to prepare it is vital to ensure that both the web development team and your SEO team are in perfect alignment with future goals and the importance of why a business needs an SEO strategy that is optimized for Page Experience. There are some important Page Experience factors to consider before preparing for the new Google update to roll out.
Begin by understanding the metrics that Google is using – Largest Contentful Paint (LCP), Cumulative Layout Shift (CLS), and First Input Delay (FID). Optimizing for these new ranking signals can set you apart from the competition, especially focusing on page load speeds, responsiveness, User Experience, mobile usability, and security.
Our South Florida Digital Marketing Agency Is Ready for the New Update
At Tandem.Buzz we are preparing our search engine optimization specialists to ensure we are ahead of the competition. If your business would like to take advantage of the latest Google algorithm update look no further than Tandem. We are an award-winning digital marketing agency in South Florida that offers a number of digital marketing services to help your business improve. We are familiar with a variety of industries from franchise marketing to marketing for home services, and digital marketing for the healthcare industry.
Want to learn more about how our SEO specialists and PPC marketing agency in Fort Lauderdale can help improve your businesses? Give us a buzz and a member of our colony will answer all your questions!