April Digital Marketing Trends 2022:Straight From the Hive
Want to find out what's new in the marketing world? Keep reading to learn about the latest April digital marketing trends in 2022.
Our digital marketing specialists make it a priority to stay up-to-date on the latest and greatest digital marketing trends in 2022. In April, plenty of updates were released, starting from Google’s announcement that Universal Analytics property will no longer be in use as of July 2023 to Instagram’s update on the algorithm to ensure original content gets its spotlight.
With the help of our award-winning marketing agency, located smack-dab in the middle of sunny Fort Lauderdale, below is everything you need to know about the 2022 digital marketing updates for SEO, PPC, and social media marketing in April!
PPC April Updates
There have been plenty of PPC digital marketing updates in April, keeping our PPC busy bees very busy. You can reap the benefits of our Fort Lauderdale PPC services and learn more about the latest and greatest ads, updates, and trends that rank supreme in the pay-per-click world.
- In April, Google officially retired the old AdWords API. Google shared this news around a year ago, asking digital marketing agencies and others that use AdWords API to upgrade to the Google Ads API by April 2022. Now at version 10, Google Ads API enables developers to interact directly with the Google Ads platform, making it more efficient for strategists like our team to manage large or complex Google Ads accounts and campaigns.
- Google announced that starting June 2022, RSAs will take a front-row seat at the Google Ads table while ETAs are moved further down the VIP list. Responsive Search Ads (RSAs) will become the new default ad type in Google Ads, meaning that advertisers will no longer have access to create or modify ETAs. The good news is that existing ads will remain intact and continue working alongside RSAs. Our specialists will also have access to clients’ performance.
SEO April Updates
Our SEO South Florida company understands how important it is to constantly be in the loop when it comes to SEO algorithm updates and new rollouts on Search Engine Results Pages (SERPs). Fortunately, with the help of our highly trained and dedicated Florida SEO specialists, here are some of the most significant 2022 April digital marketing updates in the SEO world.
- Google killed the URL parameter tool on April 26th, and the platform claimed there’s no action required from users. The tool itself was only used by about 1% of overall Google Search Console users and therefore seemed to become less and less relevant in light of other updates. Due to the low value of the tool both for Google and Search Console users, the URL parameters tool didn’t make the cut.
- Google Analytics announced that their Universal Analytics property will no longer be in use as of July 1st, 2023. This change supports the consumer privacy-safe future standards and clients’ increasing understanding of their targeted audiences and how to properly utilize first-party data. Tandem has rolled out the new analytics property, Google Analytics 4, to our existing clients. It is important to note that if you don’t adopt this feature now, you will lose the ability to measure year-over-year performance.
Social Media April Updates
There have been several updates in the social media world in April. From updated Instagram algorithms to leveraging LinkedIn for referral traffic, here are the latest social media updates from our social media marketing agency in Fort Lauderdale.
- Our busy bees in the social media department are now utilizing LinkedIn to generate more referral traffic. By creating new profile links and utilizing newsletter promotion options, you can reach a wider audience. Joining LinkedIn Groups that are relevant to your target audience will allow you to attract and retain more clients. You can also share updates about your services on your page to showcase your reliability and give your company a personality.
- Instagram chief Adam Mosseri has announced that Instagram is updating its algorithm to focus more on original content. This update comes with new features like product tags, enhanced tags, and ranking for originality. Creators are being recognized for their contribution to the social media world, a fact that is becoming more and more realized.
- Pinterest has announced a new partnership with WooCommerce that will allow merchants to create shoppable pins. This collaboration will make it simpler for merchants to build audiences and drive sales. The integration will connect over 3 million WooCommerce sellers with over 400 million monthly Pinterest users.
- TikTok continues to lead the download charts in Q1 beating out meta-owned apps. TikTok was once again the most downloaded app in Q1 2022, beating out well-known apps like Instagram, Facebook, and WhatsApp. This means TikTok should definitely be another common tool used by businesses interested in expanding their online reach, especially if their target audience is 44 years old or younger.
- Overall, video content continues to bloom, so brands are shifting to video content over prioritizing content and images. This means utilizing apps like Instagram, TikTok, and Facebook can work greatly in your favor.
Our Fort Lauderdale Digital Marketing Services
Does your business need help improving its non-local and local online marketing strategies? Let the best digital marketing agency in Fort Lauderdale help. At Tandem Buzz, we offer a wide range of custom-tailored non-local and local digital marketing packages and services for numerous, diverse business industries across the country.