Here’s What’s Buzzing in Digital Marketing Trends From the Hive
Our hive always stays up-to-date on the latest and greatest digital marketing trends. In February, plenty of updates were released - from the Google page experience rollout for desktop to Youtube announcing the inclusion of metadata on educational videos and more.
With the help of our award-winning marketing agency, located right in the heart of Fort Lauderdale, below is everything you need to know regarding digital marketing updates for SEO, PPC, and social media marketing in February!
PPC January Updates
There have been plenty of February PPC updates in digital marketing, keeping our PPC specialists very busy. Reap the benefits of our PPC services in Fort Lauderdale for the latest and greatest ads, updates, and trends in the pay-per-click world.
- In February, Google made offline conversion tracking easier with enhanced conversions for leads. When a customer fills out a lead form on your site, their first-party data can be captured in your conversion tracking tags and then sent to Google. Once this lead converts, you upload the lead information, and Google matches it to the ad that drove the lead, providing a more complete picture of the customer’s complete journey. Using offline conversion data can allow Google’s systems to make better auction decisions, leading to more efficient campaigns and better conversions.
- Microsoft Advertising has launched dynamic descriptions for Dynamic Search Ads (DSA’s). Instead of just offering dynamic headlines, DSA campaigns can now generate both headlines and descriptions. Advertisers can opt for dynamic descriptions, but all existing DSA campaigns will be forced over to dynamic descriptions starting in April.
- Google announced that three new changes would be rolled out for Google Ads automated extensions and, within the coming weeks, automated and manual extensions will be able to be shown together. Also, Google Ads will provide a report for automatically created extensions. Lastly, sitelinks, callouts, and structured snippets from higher levels in your account will be eligible to serve with extensions of the same type from lower levels.
SEO January Updates
Our South Florida SEO company understands how imperative it is to stay in the know when it comes to SEO algorithm updates, bugs in reporting, or new rollouts. With the help of our highly trained SEO specialists in Fort Lauderdale, here are some of the most significant SEO digital marketing updates that everyone in the industry should know about.
- Barry Schwartz announced that Google would begin notifying merchants, as a part of Google Merchant Center, about a new program known as Shopping Experience Scorecard. Google provides merchants with “excellent customer experience” with higher rankings in SERPs, a “badge,” and other benefits that will help consumers find their business. This Google SEO update can be found within the Google Shopping tab in Google Search.
- The Google page experience update has begun its rollout for desktop web pages and desktop search. The update has already started its rollout and is expected to be completed by March 2022. Google announced that all the page experience factors found on the mobile rollout would be included, except for the mobile-friendliness requirement. It will consist of LCP, CLS, FID, HTTPS Security, and the absence of intrusive interstitials.
- At the beginning of February, Search Engine Land announced that digital marketers might notice a gap in their Google Search Console report, but it is nothing to worry about. Everyone impacted by this Google Search Console bug saw this gap around February 8th and 9th, depending on your timezone.
Social Media January Updates
There have been quite a bit of updates and changes in the world of social media this past February. From MetaVR to Youtube SEO optimizations, here are the latest social media updates from our social media marketing in Fort Lauderdale team.
- Facebook’s MetaVR world is quickly growing as the usage of the metaverse climbs to more than 300K monthly active users – a 10x increase since its original launch. The metaverse allows more personal space for people’s avatars in virtual reality worlds. Digital avatars can connect with one another through work, travel, or entertainment using the VR headset.
- Youtube has announced the rollout of new metadata for educational English language videos. Youtube creators can now optimize educational videos for Youtube searches. Selecting Education as a video category will grant creators access and the ability to include metadata to describe the content.
- Instagram has shared new overviews of the key ranking factors for feeds, posts, stories, and reels. For feeds and stories, information about the post holds the most value following information about the author. In regard to ranking reels, your activity and interaction history hold the most weight.
- Meta has updated its policies to allow businesses to promote and sell COVID-19 test kits, but peer-to-peer sales of kits will continue to be prohibited from the social platform.
- Pinterest has introduced the ability to add AR furniture placement tools to facilitate home decor purchases better. The new AR shopping ability has taken home decor to the next level. Users can virtually place furniture in their homes before purchasing.
- According to a recent URL Genius case study, Youtube and Tiktok track users’ personal data more than any other social media app.
Digital Marketing Services in Fort Lauderdale
Does your business need help improving its online marketing? Let the best digital marketing agency in Fort Lauderdale help. At Tandem Buzz, we offer a wide range of custom-tailored digital marketing packages and services for numerous, diverse industries across the nation.