Considering all of the unique and useful advancements in technology that our generation uses on a daily basis, it’s no surprise that digital marketing is beneficial and highly impactful for businesses interested in growing their online presence. As an award-winning South Florida digital marketing agency with a PPC, SEO, and social team of busy bees ready to take businesses to the next level, we ensure that we’re always up-to-date on the latest digital marketing industry news. Below are some of the most impactful digital marketing updates we saw in September.
Marketing/Advertising Trends in September 2022
We’ve seen some major changes in digital advertising industry trends, especially concerning SEO specialists and content writers. Keep reading to catch up on the latest and greatest of the online marketing and advertising industries.
PPC Latest Updates in September
The role of a PPC specialist is to manage internet pay-per-click advertising campaigns, including the strategy, design, implementation, and analysis of ad performance. To ensure that our efforts are of the highest and most relevant quality, our specialists keep up with the latest PPC updates.
With that said, below are the most recent trends in PPC that we’ve noticed:
- You can never get too many tips when it comes to succeeding in PPC efforts. Our PPC bees have discovered 7 useful Excel formulas and functions for PPC that help analyze performance and allow us to better serve our clients.
- Broad Match in Review: This study shows an uptick of 19% in conversions when using broad match. According to recent testing, it was found that there was a median uplift of 19% in conversions. What’s more, enabling a broad match and maintaining the client’s current investment can convert added value into improvement towards your CPA or ROAS goals.
- Our Florida digital marketing agency can attest to the importance of combining our teams’ efforts. A recent article highlights the importance of SEO and PPC teams working together to better the clients’ online performance. These efforts include creating keyword clusters, tracking PPC terms for SEO coverage, and more.
September SEO Updates
SEO specialists identify strategies, techniques, and tactics to increase the number of users or visitors to a website and obtain high-ranking positions on search engine results pages (SERPs). However, considering the ever-changing nature of search engines, having a knowledgeable team of SEO professionals can make all the difference in your company’s online performance.
Below are some new SEO updates our specialists that we’re considering for our strategies:
- Helpful content update has completely rolled out on September 9th. In case you missed our August digital marketing industry news blog, Google’s Review Content Update was in the works. Fast-forward to September 3rd, the update was officially rolled out. With this update, Google changed the way it assesses the value of content on websites to ensure that users are being presented with the most accurate and relevant information.
- Another Google update, specifically the September Google Core Update, started on September 12th and is still being rolled out. This is the second broad core algorithm update this year, with the previous one having been rolled out in May. The focus of this update and findings was on volatility tracking.
- Google Search Console (GSC) has rolled out some updates of its own in September, as well. For instance, GSC added more examples to show how meta descriptions can be improved. It also added the Google Site Verifier user agent.
September Social Media Updates
Social media specialists are responsible for creating and administering content on all social media platforms, such as Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter. Their goal is to build an audience, give their clients an online voice, and ensure customer engagement. Because social media is constantly updating, both technically and in trends, our social media experts are always up to speed on the latest trends.
With this in mind, here are some recent trends in the social media and creative industries:
- TikTok announced a huge increase in its video descriptions as it leans into discovery. TikTok has given users more room to explain their content, connect with interested users, and expand their reach with a massive expansion of its video description field. You can now type up to 2,200 characters in TikTok descriptions, which is a huge win for creators and professionals like our social media specialists.
- Instagram published three new guides to help brands maximize their holiday marketing efforts. Instagram has recently shared a new series of guides on how brands can utilize different elements of the app, covering Reels, Shops, and creator collaborations. Their series contains how-to guides to help users reach their business goals with tactical guidance on how to utilize the Shop feature on Instagram.
- Five tips to help maximize your Facebook marketing push this holiday season. Especially now that holiday shopping is around the corner, Facebook has presented more opportunities to get your brand in front of interested consumers. Some tips we discovered include ensuring that your Facebook business page elements are all set up, establishing your competitors, and researching competitors’ pages.
- Meta launched new ‘collaborative ads’ to facilitate more direct sales activity. Meta has released a new ad type called ‘Collaborative Ads’ that allows brands to collaborate with local retail partners that sell their products. This allows them to maximize direct response to their ads on apps like Facebook and Instagram.
Get Started With Our Florida Digital Marketing Company
It’s no secret that many services and businesses are migrating to the internet. What better way to stay on top of these changes and ensure that you get your spot online than by implementing digital marketing into your business plan? Tandem offers SEO, PPC, and social media services in various packages to ensure that there’s a plan for every kind of business and budget.