Marketing has always been about connecting with your audience in the right place and at the right time. Today, that means you need to meet them where they are already spending time: on the internet. Digital marketing has continued to evolve over time and has become essential to the growth of almost every business. As an award-winning South Florida digital marketing agency with a team of talented PPC, SEO, and social media specialists, we can assure you that we can help get your business to the next level. Staying up-to-date on the latest news in the digital marketing industry is key to creating successful businesses. Below are some of the most important digital marketing updates we saw in October.
PPC Latest Updates in October
Our PPC specialists use their expertise to design, build, and execute digital advertising campaigns that meet organizational goals and objectives. To ensure that our efforts are of the highest and most relevant quality, our specialists keep up with the latest PPC updates.
With that said, below are the most recent trends in PPC that we’ve noticed:
- Our busy PPC bees continue to find new ways to increase the success rate of PPC performance. As AI begins to shape the landscape of digital marketing, digital marketers are starting to explore its potential applications for copywriting. Check out these Five Ways AI Can Improve Copywriting and PPC Performance.
- We cannot stress enough how important it is to install Google Analytics 4 now. In July 2023, Universal Analytics will go away, and you will need to be able to still compare year-to-year data. Having GA4 installed is the only way to accomplish this. Here is a Google Analytics Guide for PPC that is extremely helpful for learning more about GA4 and its incredible benefits for a business.
- Both our SEO and PPC departments have worked collectively to learn how to use Keyword Planner from Google. Learn how Google Ads Keyword Forecast Tool helps identify future trends and how you can incorporate them into an integrated marketing strategy.
October SEO Updates
This year, the need for SEO has risen to an all-time high. Our team is made up of some of the best SEO specialists who aim to improve your visibility in search results so your business can capture more traffic (and ultimately revenue) from organic search. Improving search visibility involves multiple tasks for SEO companies, such as keyword research, content creation, link building, and more. Our expert team of SEO specialists can assure you that SEO is the most viable and cost-effective way to both understand and reach customers in key moments that matter.
Below are some new Google SEO updates for 2022 that our specialists are considering for our strategies:
- Our SEO specialists have recently witnessed a much higher level of Google Business Profiles suspended in the past few weeks than we have previously seen. There is a debate regarding if this is a bug with Google or if Google is enforcing some policies it has not previously enforced. Our team has put in countless hours resolving this issue on our own. Check out the Google Business Help Forums to see a myriad of complaints from businesses that have been suspended.
- Great news! Google is rolling out a new search ranking algorithm update targeting the more spammy side of search results. On October 19th, Google released the new October 2022 spam update. The previous update was almost a year ago, in November of 2021.
- It has been discovered that Google may be showing fewer rich results, especially FAQ and other rich results, which most likely has impacted “people also ask.”
October Social Media Updates
Our social media marketing specialists are responsible for building and executing social media strategy through competitive and audience research and setting up and optimizing company pages within each social media platform. Examples of these social media platforms include Twitter, Instagram, TikTok, and Meta. Due to the advancements and updates to all these social media platforms, our social media experts are constantly up-to-date with the latest trends.
With this in mind, here are some recent trends in the social media and creative industries:
- Meta’s cash cow social media apps – Facebook and Instagram – are in decline. Meta shares are plummeting due to younger users abandoning them for apps like TikTok and BeReal. Meta is grappling with a digital advertising market in upheaval from surging inflation and other factors, including the war in Ukraine, causing a slowdown in ad spending.
- Elon Musk has bought Twitter. This high stake negotiation battle has been ongoing for quite some time now, and now Elon has officially bought Twitter, a plan that was in the works since April of 2022. His first order of business is to have users pay $20 to be verified, allowing them to get that little blue check next to their name on the app.
- TikTok has launched a new education program for marketers called ‘TikTok Academy,’ which provides free video courses on how to make the best use of TikTok for marketing, along with research data and other information to expand your understanding of the app. This will help social media specialists learn how to optimize their campaigns more in-depth.
- LinkedIn has once again posted “record engagement” as part of parent company Microsoft’s latest earnings report. Microsoft has reported record levels of engagement growth for the app for 16 straight quarters.
Get Started With Our Florida Digital Marketing Company
We could write a book on all the ways that digital marketing can positively impact your brand. If you do not currently have a digital marketing strategy in place, you may be losing out on an important opportunity to grow your business and take it to the next level. Don’t let your company get left behind, and allow us to integrate digital marketing tactics into your company’s overall marketing strategy. Tandem offers SEO, PPC, and social media services in various packages to ensure that there’s a plan for every kind of business and budget.