Latest Digital Marketing Updates in June 2022
Our digital marketing experts remain up-to-date with the latest and greatest – along with the not-so-great – updates in the online world. Speaking of which, the latest digital marketing updates in June 2022 were quite interesting, from Google Search Console’s addition of invalid to valid classifications to new NFT display features on Instagram. If you’d like to learn what’s new in online marketing, below are the latest digital marketing updates from our SEO, PPC, and social media experts.
PPC Latest Updates in June
Our hive is constantly refining our Fort Lauderdale PPC services to ensure that our clients receive the best ad-related support possible. Below are some of the latest pay-per-click updates in June 2022.
- Google is ending expanded text ads starting June 30th. Google is no longer allowing the creation or editing of preexisting Expanded Text Ads. Instead, Google is heading in the direction of automation with its latest update. They are making this change with the idea of simplifying how ads are created and also how those ads work with the Automated bidding strategy types. Google has statistics to back up his change. According to Google, advertisers could see an average 7% increase in conversions at a similar cost. Google also revealed that 15% of search terms put into Google are brand new or never before seen searches. RSAs help acquire these new potential customers. This may come with a surge in cost due to RSAs also trying to pull people from those new searches. This will make it easier to repurpose ad text on other accounts or campaigns you are running.
- Google expands verification requirements for finance ads. The roll-out of the new verification requirements will expand in the coming months. In September of 2021, this process was rolled out in the UK, and shortly after, it was green-lit in the United States as well. Google began cracking down on financial fraud in Google ads by implementing a new verification process for account managers. The main goal of this campaign for Google is to protect people from scammers using financial institutions as a cover or front. Advertisers are required to answer a series of questions about their business. They also have to verify their identity and specific details about their business dealings. After initiating the process, you have up to 30 days to complete it and get verified. It should be a priority for advertisers because the deadline to get verified is August 30th. After this date, unverified advertisers of financial institutions will not be able to run ads.
SEO June 2022 Updates
Our Florida SEO Company understands the importance of remaining in the loop with new Google updates and roll-outs. Our clients depend on our expertise, so we continuously inform ourselves and adjust our efforts according to the latest digital marketing updates. With that said, below are some of the most recent and note-worthy SEO updates of June 2022:
- Google Search Console now shows invalid or valid classifications in reports to show if an error causes an issue for Google in indexing or ranking. This feature was added to communicate better if an error is causing an issue with a site’s appearance on Google Search or not.
- After 27 years, Microsoft officially shut down the Internet Explorer Browser on June 15th of this year. A moment of silence for our fallen friend.
- Despite Google’s December 2021 vicinity update, a recent experiment found that keywords in the Google My Business name field still significantly impact rankings.
Social Media Updates in June
Social media is a continually growing platform, making it a crucial tool in our hive’s toolbox. Below are the most recent social media updates in June, right from the heart of our Florida social media marketing company.
- Instagram is testing new AR elements within stories, allowing users to place 3D objects into real-world scenes. Included in Instagram’s AR updates is the addition of NFT display options.
- TikTok has released its new Attribution Manager tool, enabling advertisers to set custom attribution windows within TikTok campaigns. TikTok’s Attribution Manager tool allows marketers to select a specific period to measure success, such as measuring click-through attribution (CTA) in a window that ranges from 1 day to 28 days.
- YouTube recently reported that 1.5 billion users engage with YouTube Shorts every month! This is a huge announcement, especially considering that YouTube’s total monthly logged-in audience is 2 billion users, meaning that 75% of users are engaging with Shorts.
- Facebook is working on a new ‘Basic Ads’ product to counter losses due to data privacy concerns. Basic Ads are aimed at brand advertisers who are trying to build awareness and shape the perception of their products.
- Snapchat launches ‘Dynamic Travel Ads’ to help travel marketers reach target audiences. With travel back on the cards, Snapchat has incorporated Dynamic Travel Ads. These ads utilize the platform’s pixel tracking to match user behaviors, along with Snapchat’s internal data and activity tracking.
Our South Florida Online Marketing Services
Have you looked into SEO, PPC, or social media services for your website? If not, get started with the best digital marketing agency in Fort Lauderdale!
At Tandem Buzz, we offer a wide range of custom-tailored non-local and local digital marketing packages and services for all kinds of businesses and websites! We can help your business grow and reach more of your target audience. Give Tandem a buzz today to learn more about our PPC, SEO, social media, and public relations services at our digital and neuromarketing marketing agency!